What works and what throws a wrench in the wheel of success? Lot’s of factors contribute to a successful car wash business. When starting up, it’s hard to know what pitfalls to watch out for as you cautiously proceed. Here’s a few to get you thinking.
- Invest in the right equipment the first time. Reducing start-up costs with less expensive equipment can be appealing, but it comes at a cost. Invest in equipment that will perform well long-term.
- If you build it, don’t assume they will come. A well-planned advertising campaign online, in print or on the radio can go a long way. Draw in new customers by offering specials, and once they are in the door, wow them with your service.
- Create a team environment. A first impression is a lasting one. Untrained and inexperienced staff can result in frustrated, unhappy customers. Create a training plan with a uniform approach, so your customers are getting a consistent level of service each and every time. And don’t forget to reward good employees for a job well done! A little loyalty goes a long way.
- Maintenance is key. Don’t neglect the regular maintenance of your equipment. Leaky valves and joints become costly. Water and cleaning solutions down the drain cut into your profits. In fact, a small water leak could end up wasting over 2000 gallons of water a year! Create a maintenance plan and stick to it.
- Do your homework. Like any business, a successful car wash must be well-planned and implemented using the latest strategies and technologies. It is critical to research the best ways to foster a successful business, and create a short-term and a long-term plan.
Remember, the proof is in the numbers. Estimate your potential income and examine your expenses, profits and losses. This will give you an idea of the value of your car wash business. Need help getting started? Our experts are here to guide you every step of the way. Let’s get started today.